Sunday 28 October 2012

Welcome to my Blog

Reason for the Blog

I'm creating a blog to document my learning in anything related to software development. I'm a recent Electronic Engineering graduate, currently working as an Application Support Engineer, working mainly with PHP, MySQL and XML.

I'm aspiring to be a C++ developer and so am taking the first steps in teaching myself anything that interests me around this language. I would call my current level of skill in C++ intermediate, having studied and used it during my degree. In the immediate future I will be looking into DirectX 11 and the Boost libraries and hope to be able to use these two in tandem to recreate some simple games and hopefully from there move on to creating a few original games.

Next Steps

I will shortly be writing a small introductory post about the book I recently purchased to teach myself DirectX and the overcoming of some initial set-up difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment